2019 Campaign Results
2019 Community Toolkit
When it comes to a health crisis, you may think those close to you know what you want.
But do they?
In the case of Sophie Leung, she had no idea of her mother’s wishes. When her mom, Faye Leung, ended up in emergency and unresponsive after a critical fall, Sophie authorized all interventions available to keep her mom alive. It wasn’t until her brother Wayne returned from a business trip several hours later, that she learned her mom’s wishes were to let her life end as nature intended — without life support interventions. Read the full story of Sophie’s mother here.
|Advance Care Planning involves talking with those close to you about your health-care wishes, and deciding who speaks on your behalf if you cannot.|
How Well Do You Know Me? conversation is part of the Advance Care Planning process.
Start the Conversation Now!– Download a tool that can get you started.
|Resources for Community Organizations|
Ways to support Advance Care Planning in your community:
- Host a Hello Conversation Game session
- Host a public information session about Advance Care Planning – resources available for download here
- Put up posters on community message boards
- Send a news release to your community newspaper
- Share your activities through social media
- Use Hashtags: #HowWellDoYouKnowMe? #ACPDay19
|Co-Brand your Event Poster:|
|Co-Brand Conversation Starter:|
|Key Messages For ACP Day 2019|
|FACTS about Advance Care Planning|
|Social Media Promotional Messages|
|Media Advisory – Customizable|
|New Release – Customizable|
|Community Calendar Announcement – Customizable|